Friday, October 3, 2014

CE14 ~ Web 2.0

Web 2.0 resources are the tools we use to do more than just read information on the Internet. Web 2.0 tools allow us highlight, evaluate, collaborate, modify, generate -- web 2.0 tools allow us to interact with and manipulate the information.

Web 2.0 tools are popping up everyday and that can become quite overwhelming. Over time, certain tools will become your favorite and you will gravitate to those, but don't let that stop you from exploring the new ones too!

You can access my previous blog post about Web 2.0 tools here.

Here are some great resources to check out to learn more about Web 2.0 tools:

~ Kathy Schrock's Guide to Everything - Online Tools and Web 2.0 Applications
~ Discovery Education Web 2.0 Tools
~ 35 Best Web 2.0 Classroom Tools

Some of my favorite Web 2.0 tools (at the moment) include:

~ Popplet
~ Evernote
~ Twitter

www.popplet.com






Popplet is a tool that I enjoy showing K-6 teachers. Popplet can be accessed on the web and on the iPad. They offer both free and paid versions.  Students are given a blank slate to create a graphic organizer/thinking map/bubble map -- whatever you call it. These maps can include text, images, YouTube videos, and drawings. The bubbles or Popples can be moved, outline color adjusted, and connected to other Popples.

What makes this resource even better is the ability to share the Popplet with someone else and collaborate on the same Popplet.

Here is my recent blog post about Popplet and digital writing.


www.evernote.com






I am becoming more and more of a fan of Evernote. I do use Google Apps, alot, and so I need to find my balance between the two programs.

Evernote provides a free and premium service. I am currently using free and it works great for me.  Evernote allows you to store just about anything in virtual notebooks. You can store typed notes, photos, web articles you have clipped, and then be able to search through all of it!

I can't do Evernote justice, but if you check out these sites you can learn (and fall in love) with Evernote.

Free Tech 4 Teachers - A Free Complete Guide to Evernote
~ The Ultimate Simplified Guide to the Use of Evernote in Education

You can also find some other Evernote resources here on one of my blog posts last year.


www.twitter.com












Oh Twitter, how awesome you are!  Twitter is just one of those tools that can make the world and all of its experts more in reach. Twitter has allowed me to connect with some many great edtech leaders and share what I have learned with others.

Enough about Twitter for right now though.. we will save that for another blog post!

What is your favorite Web 2.0 tool?

0 comments:

Post a Comment